Love is the food of the soul and we are diminished if we starve ourselves. Conversely we can be the best we can be when nourished by it.
In this ever changing world one thing never changes – the need to love and be loved.
Some people are fortunate enough to have their favourite true love recipe handed down from their parents. This is especially true if they have been part of a loving and nurturing family.
I was privileged to be part of such a family although I did not realise it at the time, assuming that everybody’s mother and father shared a warm, loving and nurturing relationship Now I know better of course and today I’d like to share with you something very precious to me – the true love recipe left to me by my mother and father who were absolutely devoted to one another until the day they died.
Mother’s Old Fashioned True Love Bake
The best true love recipe I’ve found – keeps forever without freezing.
Compassion – ever lasting
Honesty – always
Kindness – to a fault
Respect – yourself and your partner
Sense of humour – oodles
Loyalty – bucket loads
Sensitivity – never ending supply
Romance – lots
Sharing – everything
Caring – 24/7
Fun – make time to have some
Nurture – help each other to be what you each want to be
Gratitude – for the life you share
Recognition – for each person’s contribution to the relationship
1. Find someone to love who shares your hopes, dreams, values and interests
2. Show them you care
3. Fall in love
3. Mix all the ingredients together to form a good solid base
4. Make this true love bake part of your everyday diet
5. Never be tempted to go on a diet that excludes this true love bake
6. Never be tempted to exclude or substitute any of the ingredients
7. Never allow yourself to run out of any of the ingredients
8. Never borrow any of the ingredients from others