In just a few minutes find out if you were raised by a narcissistic mother by answering our survey questions
Maternal Narcissim… Is this your Mom?
MATERNAL NARCISSISM SURVEY
IS THIS YOUR MOM?
I’m offering you a survey today from my book: Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers.
Maybe you have wondered as so many women have…what is wrong…why do I feel this way. Take the survey and if this fits for you, come join us in the new sisterhood. Much to come for adult children of narcissistic parents. We so want to share what we have learned. Workshop coming up and radio show every Saturday.www.nevergoodenough.com(link is external) Healing and recovery are worth it for you and your children. This passion is deep for me as I continue to reach out to you and others around the world.
Narcissism is a spectrum disorder with the most severe end of the spectrum considered anarcissistic personality disorder. A woman can have several narcissistic traits and not fit the personality disorder. Mothers with only a few traits listed can negatively affect their daughters in insidious ways, which is explained in Dr. Karyl McBride’s book:
Will I Ever Be Good Enough? Healing the Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers
( survey excerpted from book)
(Check all those that apply to your relationship with your mother)
- When you discuss your life issues with your mother, does she divert the discussion to talk about herself?
- When you discuss your feelings with your mother, does she try to top the feeling with her own?
- Does your mother act jealous of you?
- Does your mother lack empathy for your feelings?
- Does your mother only support those things you do that reflect on her as a “good mother”?
- Have you consistently felt a lack of emotional closeness with your mother?
- Have you consistently questioned whether or not your mother likes you or loves you?
- Does your mother only do things for you when others can see?
- When something happens in your life (accident, illness, divorce), does your mother react with how it will affect her rather than how you feel?
- Is or was your mother overly conscious of what others think (neighbors, friends, family, co-workers)?
- Does your mother deny her own feelings?
- Does your mother blame things on you or others rather than own responsibility for her own feelings or actions?
- Is or was your mother hurt easily and then carries a grudge for a long time without resolving the problem?
- Do you feel you were a slave to your mother?
- Do you feel you were responsible for your mother’s ailments or sickness (headaches, stress, illness)?
- Did you have to take care of your mother’s physical needs as a child?
- Do you feel unaccepted by your mother?
- Do you feel your mother was critical of you?
- Do you feel helpless in the presence of your mother?
- Are you shamed often by your mother?
- Do you feel your mother knows the real you?
- Does your mother act like the world should revolve around her?
- Do you find it difficult to be a separate person from your mother?
- Does your mother appear phony to you?
- Does your mother want to control your choices?
- Does your mother swing from egotistical to depressed mood?
- Did you feel you had to take care of your mother’s emotional needs as a child?
- Do you feel manipulated in the presence of your mother?
- Do you feel valued, by mother, for what you do rather than who you are?
- Is your mother controlling, acting like a victim or martyr?
- Does your mother make you act different from how you really feel?
- Does your mother compete with you?
- Does your mother always have to have things her way?
Note: All of these questions relate to narcissistic traits. The more questions you checked, the more likely your mother has narcissistic traits and this has caused some difficulty for you as a growing daughter and adult.