Traditional dating when you started going out with a school friend or someone from your hometown and eventually married them is now part of a bygone era.
Now a beautiful new relationship often starts with the click of a mouse button as millions of singles forsake their usual haunts for the Internet dating scene.
The internet is now the meeting place of choice for singles young and old and it’s hardly surprising. Why would you want to put up with the drunks, noise and the cost of upmarket cafe bars in a desperate bid to be noticed when you can connect with thousands of attractive people from the comfort and safety of your own home?
Thanks to online dating you longer have to rely on your much smaller social dating pool to find a date when there are plenty more fish in the online dating sea and therefore a much better chance of finding your perfect match.
Some of your friends may still hold on to the view that online dating is something only like youdesperate and unattractive people resort to and continue to use the old traditional ways of finding dates. Good luck to them. You and millions of others like you know better and prefer to embrace new and better ways of doing things and that includes dating!
Here are some of the main reasons why traditional dating is history and online dating is where it’s at:
1. Once you add your profile and describe the type of person you are looking for most dating sites provide you with the profiles of people that match your description each and every day. You will probably be notified of hundreds of people that fit your description. You can also browse as many profiles as you like then just click on the ones you like to find out more about them. You can then email the ones you’d like to make contact with and of course it’s a two way street because you will receive emails from people who are looking for someone because the people that are looking for someone like you!
With traditional dating your social circle may only consist of a few dozen people so this limits the opportunity for you to meet people with whom you might be compatible.
On the other hand your choices using online dating are virtually unlimited since many millions of singles are now members of dating sites.
Keeping scammers out
2. Responsible dating sites take precautions designed to keep its members safe from scammers and spammers so it’s important to check if the site you are considering joining does this. In addition you can easily check out if someone you have contacted is who they say they are before meeting them in person by arranging a video chat meeting online. Some of the better dating sites offer this so once again you need to check to find out which do.
The dangers of dating of course are not peculiar to online dating and some would argue that traditional dating especially by frequenting clubs and bars at night and in the early hours of the morning carries a much greater risk.
Saying “no” is easier online
3. You can choose to meet somebody only when you feel you have built up enough trust in them online to meet them in person for a first date. Saying “no” online is so much easier to do than saying “no” to someone face to face which with traditional dating is usually the case.
Making best use of audio and video recordings
4. Personal profiles on a dating site and sophisticated matching algorithms means pinpoint accuracy in finding the type pf person you are looking for and most likely to be compatible with. The best sites also enable members to add not just several images but personal audio and video recordings to their personal ads too.
If the dating site you choose has these features make sure you make use of them to improve your personal ad because other members will take a much greater interest in you.
The fact is that personals ads with images receive an 80 percent response and those with a video clip or audio clip (or both) have a 97% response.
Online dating offers an opportunity to get to know people far quicker than traditional dating. It only takes a few minutes to you get to “know” someone online and you can discover someone’s personality without having to waste any time actually meeting them first only to discover they are not what you expected.
Online dating is faster and cheaper too
5. Arranging dates with online dating is faster and cheaper than traditional dating. It could take you just a few minutes to identify several potential perfect matches online and you know they are available.
Internet dating is not a panacea for people looking for their perfect match but it will give you a head start compared to any other traditional dating methods you may have tried in the past. Whether you find your perfect match online depends on how proactive you are. If you really want to be successful sitting around waiting for people to contact you isn’t a good idea!
You really need to be making the first move so when you see your perfect match make contact immediately before someone else does and whisks them away.
These are just a few of the advantages of online dating compared to traditional dating. There are many others so why not discover them for yourself by joining a dating site now. You never know your perfect match may be just a mouse click away!
Where can you find love? On the Internet of course!